Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Tilt and ways to handle it.

3 posters

Go down

Tilt and ways to handle it. Empty Tilt and ways to handle it.

Post by rickygop Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:39 am

I'm not good at handling tilt. I'm semi-tilting as I write this. Although I'm not very good at handling tilt I do know what makes me tilt. I will mention a few things that make me tilt and I'll give suggestions on how to handle it. Like I said I'm not that good at handling tilt so please feel free to add on advice on top of the advice that I'll give.

To learn to control tilt, you must first understand what makes us tilt. I think the most common tilt starter is a badbeat. You put all the money in with the best hand and it doesn't hold up. Online it sems to happen all the time because we see so many more hands per hour. Another thing that makes me tilt is when i dont go with my gut feeling and it was right. This happens constantly because either I know I'm beat but choose to pay the person off just to see if my gut was right or my gut tells me I have that person beat but i dont have the guts to make the call. Either way it hurts and enfuriates me.

I have a few suggestions for handling tilt although as I've said, I sometimes have trouble dealing with it myself so please feel free to add on to my advice. 1 thing I recommand is to STOP PLAYNG. If you are really in that much of tilt then you should stop playing. Especially if you're down some mney, think about it. If you stop playing now then you wont lose anymore. If you keep playing chances are you'll lose whatever you have left. If you're playing a tournament well leave and comeback when the tilt is gone if it's gone. Another thing you can do if you're playing online is... write about it in a possitive and constructive way. It helped me, now I'm no longer tilting. Stop playing, take a nap. It's my second best advice. My best advice is to think positive. Seriusly, think "It's ok I'll get through this if I can't get through this then theres no way I can win. I'm gonna chill play good and hopefully win some." Please add on to this thread for I feel that this is a very important topic in poker and you can't be a great player if you don't know how to handle tilt. Take care good luck and remember that playing is the best way to improve your game!!!

rickygop
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-07-23

Back to top Go down

Tilt and ways to handle it. Empty tilt

Post by MeteorHammer Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:14 pm

when Im on tilt it means I need a break,forget about poker for a few hours or a night.

MeteorHammer

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-17

Back to top Go down

Tilt and ways to handle it. Empty Re: Tilt and ways to handle it.

Post by HappyToker Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:13 pm

Thats really good advice. I'm always good for going on tilt after a bad beat. I will say I have gotten alot better at handling it usually by doing what's best and stop playing and go do something else otherwise it will just eat you up and that's when you really will loose alot of bling bling and lets face it who likes to loose it sucks. But a real player will take it with pride and think positive. I think whrn your on tilt your almost like a drunk driver. Your judgement becomes impaired, you become reckless, and you make bad decisions. I think in oder to be a productive poker player you need to have self disipline.
HappyToker
HappyToker

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Tilt and ways to handle it. Empty Re: Tilt and ways to handle it.

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down