Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

different screen names for different sites

3 posters

Go down

different screen names for different sites Empty different screen names for different sites

Post by k9ofspades Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:31 am

I was wondering if one should use different names on different sites. If there are pluses and minuses. If one should guard ones names or share with friends. I like the picture of my Greyhound is it ok to use it on all my sites and use different names. Maybe its not very important. Suspect

thanks all in advance for any advice

Guy
k9ofspades
k9ofspades
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

different screen names for different sites Empty Re: different screen names for different sites

Post by konawajim Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:00 am

k9ofspades wrote:I was wondering if one should use different names on different sites. If there are pluses and minuses. If one should guard ones names or share with friends. I like the picture of my Greyhound is it ok to use it on all my sites and use different names. Maybe its not very important. Suspect

thanks all in advance for any advice

Guy

I use the same one on all the sites I play. Some use different names because the one they want is taken. Sometimes I don't recognize friends because they use different name and when they say Hi I scratch my head trying to figure out who they are. I for the most part think it's a matter of preference
konawajim
konawajim
Member Rank: Straight
Member Rank: Straight

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

different screen names for different sites Empty Re: different screen names for different sites

Post by ryodejaneiro Fri Sep 12, 2008 12:02 pm

I also use the same or similar screennames for different poker rooms. But often times the name riodejaneiro is taken so I might modify it to "ryodejaneiro" for instance.

If there's a drawback to using the same name, another person - not necessarily your friend - may recognize you from another poker room and maybe even have some information on how you might play. This isn't impossible, but probably something that won't happen too often especially if you play in big poker rooms like FullTilt and PokerStars.
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down