Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Donkhard 1st of 4 game series! Was this right to do?

3 posters

Go down

Donkhard 1st of 4 game series! Was this right to do? Empty Donkhard 1st of 4 game series! Was this right to do?

Post by Jeester Sat Nov 01, 2008 4:55 pm

Okay, picture the scene, it's 1hour 20 into the game and I'm just in the money. and there are about 10 players left to go, my hole cards come up AKsuited the guy next to me pushes all in with his 4K-ish stack and i call with my 3.8K stack. He shows 55, niether of us hit anything on flop or turn or river.

Should i of called?

Should i of just waited it out and hoped to of got into the money?

GAH i'm really annoyed about this because i was looking forward to continuing to at least the 2nd/3rd game.

Jeester
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Donkhard 1st of 4 game series! Was this right to do? Empty Re: Donkhard 1st of 4 game series! Was this right to do?

Post by dijwaila Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:10 pm

dijwaila wrote:well ... just got knocked out of the series. there were no more than 4 active players at my table at any point ... only one of which seemed to have the ability to play after the flop. so .. i sat back and took small pots whenever i could, and built the chipstack to 3500. but, i could only watch these donks go all-in preflop with poor hands. so ... two straight preflop bad beats and i'm out ... in the first round. i'm not unhappy about losing ... only the way it happened.

this tournament appeared enjoyable in theory ... but i can't say it was. that said, this isn't complaint ... i appreciate the idea and effort donkhard admin puts into hosting these tournaments. i also know a purpose of these tournaments is to attract new members ... so i doubt the format will change, though it would be great to have some quality tournaments ... instead of just quantity.

jeester ... think i know how you feel, the quote is my experience from round 1. i was eliminated early in a similar situation ... on consecutive bad beats. closer to the bubble and just needing to make the money ... i would have folded unless the blinds would put me all-in soon anyway.

dijwaila
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 553

Back to top Go down

Donkhard 1st of 4 game series! Was this right to do? Empty Re: Donkhard 1st of 4 game series! Was this right to do?

Post by The Big Donk Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:17 pm

For me it simply depends on my goal in the tourney. My goal is typically to take first, so unless this player has been playing unusually tight, I'm likely to make this call if the Big Blind is $300 or greater.

Now if my goal was simply to cash ITM, or some sort of a qualifier/satellite deal where you don't need to be first place to win, I'd be more likely to toss the hand until I'm down to 5 or 6 blinds. I'd be glad to shove with it all day long, but it would be tougher to make the call.

IMO right or wrong simply depends on your goals (and how big the BB was). Not a horrible play by any means though, no matter how you look at it.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Jeester Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:52 pm

Just went out of the top posters one too...this is not a good day today for my poker. I don't think i played at all badly in the Top Posters one though.

:/ not sure...

Jeester

Number of posts : 59

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down