Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

They thought I was the craziest dumbest Donkey they ever saw!!!

4 posters

Go down

They thought I was the craziest dumbest Donkey they ever saw!!! Empty They thought I was the craziest dumbest Donkey they ever saw!!!

Post by k9ofspades Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:06 pm

I was playing yesterday at Carbon POKER trying to get back up to the $50. I won in the frequent posters tournament. About the second or third hand I went into a pot with 25 of spades. I love these small hands you clean house usually if they hit big. Two other people were in the pot both callers I had raised. The first person checked A xx flop I made a pot size bet. The person behind me went all in normally of course I'm done with the hand it has a pr of aces written all over it. But hold on a minute the first guy folds and it only cost me 5 cents to call I know I got to catch runner runner to win. I'm really only calling 5 cents and there is no possibility of it costing me more but just for dramatic effect I went all in.
The table was buzzing for the next several hands about how silly crazy stupid I was for going all in with a 52. After the buzzing settled a bit I typed in well you do know we Canuks are crazy The Uk says ya Germany say you mean stupid. I guess I had the table image I needed. Rolling Eyes They never seemed to pick up on the fact that I only really made a reasonable bluff and than called 5cents to win @ $1.50 .
The drawback of this was that they would not let me steal anything but the plus was they raised any bid I made at least twice before they would even acknowledge that I wasn't bluffing and given the fact that they were obviously much more intelligent than I was they would try to outbluff me. There were two (Germany + another I think UK was wise to me and was enjoying seeing what I was doing ) individuals especially who had about twice my chip stack when I came to the table. I busted them both eventually.
One player (Germany) the next three hands all involved him and came close together time wise. I'd about doubled my stack so I had some chips to reenforce my image with when i made a pot size bet(bluff) he raised me I raised him He made a large bet so I folded. He types in nice try. A couple hands later i had top pr or top kicker against him a harmless looking flop I made a pot size bet he raises again I reraised and quite disappointingly he folded this time probably couldn't even beat a bluff. Few hands later I have my one of my favorites 34 suited. I flopped a full house Pot size bet same guy he reraises i reraise both minimum reraises he makes a large bet about half his stack I go all in he folds and shows a j7os. I know some would say i should just have called but if he had an over pair I wanted him to pay for a shot at a better fullhouse. A few hands later I got another strong hand and busted him he had a pr i had 2 pr I think.
I really didn't plan to create the image I found myself with,however much I might like to take credit for it. I recognized what was happening as it developed.
The second player I busted I won most of his money on a strong hand when he had top pr top kicker. Than the very next hand he went all in with pocket kings for $1.80 and wouldn''t you know with the rush I was on I had pocket aces of course they held up it was just that type of day.

I came into the table with $4 left with almost $20. I know with the cards I had I was going to win a lot of money anyway but I don't think I would have made nearly as much if they hadn't come to the quick conclusion that I was totally bonkers. Rolling Eyes I think with the hands I was catching they might have even become reluctant to play for big pots with me. It was probably one of my most enjoyable days ever playing on line.

Regards Guy

PS I got my $50 back at Carbon. Ive made money on the cash tables lost on a couple torney trys and lost $10 on a higher cash table but I did run into quads at it so I can't say for sure that I was outclassed there.
k9ofspades
k9ofspades
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

They thought I was the craziest dumbest Donkey they ever saw!!! Empty heh

Post by DiscinFrog Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:59 pm

i play the same way sometimes.. gotta play the cards..

i recently played ring game on FT.. started with 2.00.. left table with 45.00 after one hour of play.. and i suffered some of the most insane rude chats ever towards me.. just because i was playing cards i favored..

playing a 2, 5 suited might be a donkey hand.. but more than often they do win..

DiscinFrog
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

They thought I was the craziest dumbest Donkey they ever saw!!! Empty My signature hand

Post by The Big Donk Wed Jan 07, 2009 4:20 pm

I actually play the five-deuce suited as often as possible. This is my "Doyle's 10-deuce," my signature hand. And boy does the old 5-duey really piss them off when I win with it!
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

They thought I was the craziest dumbest Donkey they ever saw!!! Empty Just for Giggles

Post by datsme53 Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:12 am

Hey TBD.... I'm sure you've played enough poker for it to have happened....just for giggles... does it piss you off when they play that hand and do it to you????? Laughing
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

They thought I was the craziest dumbest Donkey they ever saw!!! Empty Re: They thought I was the craziest dumbest Donkey they ever saw!!!

Post by The Big Donk Thu Jan 08, 2009 12:51 pm

datsme53 wrote:Hey TBD.... I'm sure you've played enough poker for it to have happened....just for giggles... does it piss you off when they play that hand and do it to you????? Laughing

No, not at all. That's probably the one hand I don't mind getting beat by. When I do lose to it, I tell them, "Hey, nice hand. I love playing deuce 5." I'm sure they think I'm just being a d***, but it's sincere. It's not really a hand I lose to very often though. It's such a low equity hand and most people don't play it that you really don't see it winning too many pots. Somehow for me it's lucky!
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

They thought I was the craziest dumbest Donkey they ever saw!!! Empty Re: They thought I was the craziest dumbest Donkey they ever saw!!!

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down