Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Favorite and Least Favorite NLHE Pckt Hand?

+9
slagger
PowerPlay777
Solid_Snake1982
dijwaila
konawajim
Debel
The Big Donk
ravensfan929
gaacker
13 posters

Go down

Favorite and Least Favorite NLHE Pckt Hand? Empty Favorite and Least Favorite NLHE Pckt Hand?

Post by gaacker Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:16 pm

So..I'm a little slow sometimes...posted this in the wrong catagory...oh well its a Monday.

Ok....I opened the thread..I'll start..
Least favorite is easiest for me. I dont think i have ever (ok slight exaggeration) won a when i had pckt J's. Hate them, despise them, hope they lose their home and have to forage for food in the land of dueces and trey's. Ok ok i got carried away.

Even though pck A's are statistically the best hand, I seem to have much greater success with pck K's and to a lesser degree pck Q's (no real surprise). Also some of my more memorable pots have come off pckt 9's; i know its just coincidence but I have to see a lot of paint to drop 9's in my pck.

gaacker
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Favorite and Least Favorite NLHE Pckt Hand? Empty Re: Favorite and Least Favorite NLHE Pckt Hand?

Post by ravensfan929 Mon Jul 21, 2008 2:25 pm

i dont ever seem 2 have any luck wit AA or KK especially KK i probably only win 1 out of every 10 wit KK, but my favorite would have 2 be 88 or 99 i catch trips almost everytime i have them

ravensfan929

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-24

Back to top Go down

Favorite and Least Favorite NLHE Pckt Hand? Empty Re: Favorite and Least Favorite NLHE Pckt Hand?

Post by The Big Donk Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:58 pm

Oh jacks, jacks, jacks. I think we could run a whole thread on "How to play jacks" and probably flood the board and not get the same response twice. Lately I've been doing the ol' limp and let go trick with them. Set 'em or forget 'em. Play 'em like pk 7s. Problem is when they flop as a rare overpair. It's at that point that I usually stick my middle finger up at the flop and prepare to either lose tons of chips or throw a chair through a wall when I realize I mucked the best hand. OMG talking about jacks can really get a guy riled up, huh?

Ok....so Fave hand, Got a list of those:

Dimes in the hole; I used this hand to K.O. a beautiful woman out of a Live Tournament in Northern California when I flopped a set and turned Quad Tens. This beautiful woman later married me, and on our honeymoon took a HUGE cash pot from me in a live ring game with, guess what. Quad Tens. (Four tens are a bit of a theme in this family. Strangely, we seen quite a few of these.)

Big Pairs, QQ, KK, or AA, but only in the late stages of tourney play or ring games

AK

Suited AJ

and

5 2 suited. I know this is a strange one, but it's one of the easiest hands in the world to get away from when the flop comes down. But on the rare occasion when you hit it....who the hell sees that one coming? Nobody, that's who.

Least fave: Gotta be 8 9 suited. This is the kind of hand I like to play, but the particular rank seems to carry potential for some big trouble, especially when played out of position or to a preflop raise.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:58 pm

fjklhgkjsgfbujkfghbvksjf. fhjlwfh. lhewfldhf.

No sooner said than done. Just earlier today, gaacker posted his feelings on pk Jacks. Gaacker, you are SO f-in right.
Not 2 minutes ago, this went down:

I'm down to a few hundred chips early, and the blinds aren't too big yet. I've got JJ and limp in.
Flop comes 4 9 7.

Overpair. F%#$ me in a miniskirt. I flip my computer monitor the bird (to which my wife responded "You have Jacks?"), type "I bet this flop is bad news for me," in the chatbox, and shove my last few hundred chips in.

I get called by the guy with the set of 9's and donk hard, right out of the game.

At least it wasn't a big buy-in game. Thanks for letting me vent.

I think I'd like to had pocket Jacks to my list of hands I'd like to tear up and burn right there on the felt every time I get them.

GL with those Jacks folks. Rolling Eyes

The Big Donk
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by Debel Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:40 pm

The losing one is my least favorite.
The winning is my favorite. tongue

Last edited by Debel on Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Debel
Debel
Member Rank: Trips
Member Rank: Trips

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-06-28

http://www.myspace.com/cardsanddrinks

Back to top Go down

Post by konawajim Sun Jul 27, 2008 6:29 pm

Debel wrote:The losing one. tongue

Yep that would be mine Mad
AK is the I like the best and pocket 9's someone always has over a card that hits on the river
konawajim
konawajim
Member Rank: Straight

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sun Jul 27, 2008 9:06 pm

hmmm ... don't really have a favorite or least favorite starting hand.

for examlple: pocket aa
late in a tournament this i obviously a great hand to have, but earlier it tends to win small pots and lose big ones.
personally ... as i have been trying to build a roll and hence playing freerolls online, it has been effective to go all-in preflop early in a game, especially first hand if you're lucky enough to get it. very often, i get one or two callers and a quick double or triple-up.
that said ... i actually know somebody who will rather regularly fold aces early in any tournament if an opponent seems intent on going to a showdown.

dijwaila
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 553

Back to top Go down

Post by konawajim Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:12 pm

What a Face
konawajim
konawajim

Back to top Go down

Post by Solid_Snake1982 Thu Jul 31, 2008 3:45 pm

Aces no doubt any two

um least favorite dunno trash like 2-7 , 28 38 stuff like that not connected

Solid_Snake1982

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-07-07

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerPlay777 Thu Jul 31, 2008 7:56 pm

Ace Jack of spades is my fav, don`t really have a least favorite.
PowerPlay777
PowerPlay777
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Favorite and Least Favorite NLHE Pckt Hand? Empty jack's lament ...

Post by dijwaila Fri Aug 08, 2008 10:37 am

i couldn't resist posting this one ... it is sent to me by a friend after finishing the hand at a .25/.50 ring. for all of us who have had to sell a kid(ney) after losing with jacks ... avert your eyes!

seat 0 with $38.90.
seat 1 with $38.50.
seat 2 with $46.90.
seat 3 with $49.10.
seat 4 with $35.50.
seat 5 with $95.60.
seat 6 with $47.45.
seat 7 with $45.25.
seat 8 (friend) with $25.65.
seat 9 with $49.25.
The button is at seat 6.

seat 7 posts the small blind of $.25.
seat 8 (friend) posts the big blind of $.50.

Pre-flop:

seat 9 folds. seat 0 calls. seat 1
folds. seat 2 folds. seat 3 folds.
seat 4 calls. seat 5 folds. seat 6 calls.
seat 7 raises to $3. seat 8 (friend) calls. seat 0
folds. seat 4 calls. seat 6 folds.

Flop (board: 4s 4c 2d):

seat 7 bets $10. seat 8 (friend) calls. seat 4
folds.

Turn (board: 4s 4c 2d Jd):

seat 7 bets $30. seat 8 goes all-in for $12.65.
seat 7 is returned $17.35 (uncalled).

River (board: 4s 4c 2d Jd 6s):

(no action in this round)

Showdown:

seat 7 shows Kh Kd.
seat 7 has Kh Kd 4s 4c Jd: two pair, kings and fours.
seat 8 shows Jc Js.
seat 8 has Jc Js 4s 4c Jd: full house, jacks full of fours.

Hand #55258632-1679 Summary:

seat 8 wins $52.05 with full house, jacks full of fours.

dijwaila

Number of posts : 553

Back to top Go down

Favorite and Least Favorite NLHE Pckt Hand? Empty Not being particularly superstitious

Post by slagger Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:57 pm

I'll take pocket aces any day and try to nail just one caller with a (hopefully correctly) calibrated caller. Come the flop, I'll deny odds to any draw hand, and in a big way if the board has two of the same suit or strong straight possibilities. My initial raise is usually sufficient compensation for me and unless I get the third ace on the flop, I'm not especially inclined to walk the hand out to the river. I'd guess my wins with A-A are at least the mathematical 85% if not more, but I play them very hard.

My least favorite hands are those in the middle of good including low pairs. Hate to fold them, don't especially like to raise them, and calling usually means I need to hit (and maybe deal with a raise if not last to act). Two rags and the choice to fold is easy. Even if they hit, I can always excuse myself because these aren't really playable cards. But those in between hands, from 2-2 to 8-8, J-Q OS, K-Q OS, etc. (assuming a full table and lacking position) are my real dreads, because too often I'm damned if I do or don't. Call with em, and I get raised or miss the flop entirely, or worse yet, catch the second pair or some other nonsense. Fold 'em and like as not they hit. Then I have to think that nearly everyone else at the table would have played these, but not me.

slagger

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Post by bassmaniu Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:33 am

I have to agree with KK. I'd rather have KK than AA most of the time...don't know why, it just seems to hold better for me. I also like 10-8 for some reason. It seems to make a straight more often Wink

My least fave would have to be J-10. It looks good when I get it, but hardly EVER hits the way it needs to. I usually have to flop the straight "rainbow" just to justify staying in the hand...lol

bassmaniu

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Favorite and Least Favorite NLHE Pckt Hand? Empty favorite hands

Post by whyucallin Sat Aug 30, 2008 9:40 pm

everyone loves to see the big PPs (that's pocket pairs...get yer mind outta the gutter !!! ) but i have a couple others that i really like if i am in position & can see a cheap flop. my very favorite "how the &^#% could you play that POS hand?", is Q 4 hearts followed closely by Q 4 diamonds. I know, TRASH, right!!! even Doyle specifically mentions Q 4 hearts as trash in super system. but i have flopped some MONSTER hands with red Q4s. i know it makes no sense, but who am i to argue ?
as long as I keep getting QQ4 & AKx heart flops i'll keep playing it!

then there is the hand that i think wins huge pots every time it hits.....the good old 76 seems like every time i catch a 3 4 5 to go with that 6 7 i get to have fun with a donkey that firmly believes he has the nuts with his A 2 os. even had one tell me so, to which i replied " gonna be a split pot then "..... now what could be more fun than busting a donkey that has the "nuts" ???? but the real beauty of the 76 is that if you are in position & can afford to throw away 1 BB it's not a hand you get emotionally attached to, like those pocket aces or kings
my 2 cents

whyucallin
Member Rank: Pair
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2008-08-24

Back to top Go down

Post by konawajim Mon Sep 01, 2008 5:40 pm

Pocket 3"s!!!!! I hate pocket 3" if I get them I lose and if I'm up against them I lose. Evil or Very Mad
konawajim
konawajim

Back to top Go down

Post by ryodejaneiro Mon Sep 01, 2008 8:48 pm

For me the least favorite is KJ, suited or not, doesn't matter. Another hand that I don't like is 6-9, so many people claim that to be their favorite hand that I developed a aversion to that hand lol.
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by Serkanfeda Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:19 am

My Favorite pre-flop hand has to be A9 suited.... for some reason everytime i go all-in pre-flop with this hand I win!

and my least favorite hand (lot of people will call me crazy) is. KJ off suit man i've lost so many tourny's and so much money with this hand it's unbelievable... it's my cursed hand...pre-flop i'll check with this hand other than that i fold!

Serkanfeda

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

Post by ryodejaneiro Tue Sep 09, 2008 1:56 pm

I just realized that I didn't mention my favorite hand, which of course is pocket aces. Apart from the aces, I like to see AK suited. I don't have a lucky/favorite hand yet, like Doyle Brunson's 10-2 or Phil Hellmuth's two black nines.
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by konawajim Tue Sep 09, 2008 8:45 pm

It's difently not 10's , I have my best luck with K's
konawajim
konawajim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down