Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

poker scam

+9
Veteran68
funkypear
--buttrflykzs--
cold88
10Zav01
konawajim
allysonr
BigPotz
toniaxx
13 posters

Go down

poker scam Empty poker scam

Post by toniaxx Fri Aug 22, 2008 8:25 am

HELLO EVERYONE,

strange things hapen on online poker games...
players seen to now which cards are gonna come out!!

can someone tell me what the hand number means ??
can we get to know the cards around us ?

toniaxx
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-08-22

Back to top Go down

poker scam Empty Strange things do happen.

Post by BigPotz Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:19 pm

Strange things do happen while playing poker online. Strange things also happen when playing live as well. The only difference is that you will see more "strange play" online because it is a much faster pace than playing live and therefore seems to magnify the theory that online poker is rigged, as some may say. I don't feel that it's in a poker rooms best interest to rig their games. People would leave very quickly if they were always losing as if their opponents knew what they were holding or knew what cards were to come in any given hand. It's my opinion that online poker is not rigged. The better you get at the game, the more you will realise, that allot of the times you may have wondered if the hands you played were rigged in some fashion, were possibly just the result of poor play. Education and experience will make you a better player, thus avoiding more of what some may consider to be, "strange play", in my opinion.

BigPotz

BigPotz

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-09-07

Back to top Go down

poker scam Empty this thing on being rigged...

Post by allysonr Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:19 am

I have heard many people say that "they have a scanner." I did not know what this was so I googled it and found they are for sale for around 20.00. They do seem to exist but to what extent? Can people use these? It really bothered me that people would try to cheat like that.

allysonr

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-09-03

Back to top Go down

poker scam Empty Re: poker scam

Post by konawajim Thu Sep 18, 2008 11:31 am

It just doesn't make any sense for the poker sites to "RIG" the games. They make money on every game. Now if your talking cheating by players, that another thing. As far as those programs you can buy. The poker sites go to great length to keep the sites safe from cheater. I don't disbelieve that these programs work and there will always be cheaters. I just don't believe the cheating is being done by the sites.
konawajim
konawajim
Member Rank: Straight
Member Rank: Straight

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by 10Zav01 Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:53 pm

i been accused of using a scanner once. because i called out a few peoples' hands (i was close to them) continously, because they were only raising with certain hands. and i was hitting my draws....

i think people just dont know the game well enuff sometimes and confuse skills/cheating...

it takes ESP to figure out if you have 13+ outs in hold em that your cards should be coming

10Zav01
Member Rank: Trips
Member Rank: Trips

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

poker scam Empty Cheating at poker sites

Post by cold88 Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:07 pm

On the subject of player cheating at poker sites - i see a fair amount of collusion or it may just be a coincidence but people chatting with each other, on a first name basis just makes me suspicious they are exchanging more information than meets the eye. You can tell especially if they regularly juice each other's pots to entice calls... What we should do is collect screen names and post them on these logs so we can avoid these type of players...

cold88

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

poker scam Empty cheating at poker sites

Post by --buttrflykzs-- Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:51 pm

i queried fulltilt about this and they assured me that there was no such thing as poker cheat software, scanners and that they could detect cheaters........well if this was the case what initiated my querie was that a player on a table i was playing on won yes WON 25 hands in a row all in every time......makes you wonder doesnt it......also i googled for poker cheat software....guess what i found some so it does exist and it seems as though it is used
--buttrflykzs--
--buttrflykzs--

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

Post by funkypear Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:36 pm

For the most part, you can't cheat at online poker. There are a few methods, but nothing that will let you see all the hands on the table, etc. I'm sure there is software out there claiming to be cheat software, but its either going to be some malicious software, or an odds calculater branded as cheat software.

funkypear

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-09-21

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteran68 Thu Feb 05, 2009 7:55 pm

I know it's an old thread, but since software engineering is my thing, to include network programming, I figured I'd butt in.

Yeah "cheat" software covers a lot of territory, but these days scanners are pretty much a myth (at least at the big sites).

Scanners might have worked in the early days of online poker, and perhaps most recently with the UB scandal, where all hole card info was included in the data sent to every poker client. That's a rookie mistake, but in those days online poker was pretty low-tech and they didn't hire talented engineers to worry about that level of security -- they were more concerned with securing the financial transaction side of things. So the datastream could be reverse-engineered and a scanner written to pull out and display the hole cards. Note that the AP and UB scandals were related but distinctly different: as I recall the UB scandal involved a scanner (and obviously an antiquated architecture), while the AP scandal involved a backdoor into the remote AP system that let them watch anybody's hole cards. Both were perpetrated by employees or former employees with inside knowledge, and were not exploited by regular customers.

Nowadays however security is taken very seriously at all the major rooms, and I'd expect UB/AP/CEREUS are probably the most secure of all of them now *because* of the scandal. None of the big modern poker rooms send opponent hole card data to the clients until necessary for showdown or voluntarily shown cards. Therefore there is no hole card data present for a client-side scanner to see.

That said, many sites consider certain data gathering, coaching, and bot programs as cheats. The respectable software like HEM and PT3 go out of their way to remain on the poker rooms' good sides so as not to run afoul of their restrictions. One of the most strict networks about data tracking is Cake, which is why HEM/PT3 and other tracking tools don't even bother supporting them. The data they include in their hand histories is virtually useless for tracking, plus players can change their usernames any time they want which prevents tracking any long-term stats.

Veteran68

Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Fri Feb 06, 2009 6:34 am

Veteran68 wrote:I'd expect UB/AP/CEREUS are probably the most secure of all of them now
whatever your motives for posting this, your claim(s) are misleading. the most secure/reputable site on the net is pokerstars. ap/ub first denied and lied about the cheating, since then they have tried to dismiss and evade concerns about the conduct of their whole organization. if you don't know about the continuing problems, then at best you aren't paying attention.

dijwaila
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by Veteran68 Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:29 pm

dijwaila wrote:
Veteran68 wrote:I'd expect UB/AP/CEREUS are probably the most secure of all of them now
whatever your motives for posting this, your claim(s) are misleading. the most secure/reputable site on the net is pokerstars. ap/ub first denied and lied about the cheating, since then they have tried to dismiss and evade concerns about the conduct of their whole organization. if you don't know about the continuing problems, then at best you aren't paying attention.
Motive? Not sure what you're implying, but I can assure you I have none other than to attempt to offer some technical insight into how online rooms are cheated. If you're implying that I'm a shill for AP/UB, then you couldn't be more wrong. I've never had an AP account. I've had a UB account for about a year where I've played maybe 2-3 freerolls to try them out, but never deposited -- I just don't much care for their software. I hadn't logged in for months until they rolled out their CEREUS update, and that was just to see how different it was.

But mismanagement notwithstanding, from all I've heard they've spent a not inconsiderable amount of money and effort trying to clean up their mess. When I first read the technical details of the cheat, it seemed quite believable to me that it was due to poor engineering on the previous owners' part, and that the new owners failed to do due diligence in their code review/auditing procedures. I've certainly been on the receiving end of poorly developed code from an acquisition on more than one occasion, so it rang very true to me.

Sure, they managed the scandal badly from the start, no argument there. I think I've managed to keep up with news from the online poker industry pretty well, though, thank you -- and I'm certainly not the only one that has said that they're probably now doing more than most other sites in terms of securing their software. And no, Phil Helmuth didn't tell me that. Wink

But I do agree that PokerStars runs a tight ship. They've always been my favorite room, and where 90% of my real money poker is played. But I better stop there lest you think I'm being a shill for them too.

Veteran68

Registration date : 2008-08-08

Back to top Go down

Post by LilWeed Thu Feb 26, 2009 12:48 pm

toniaxx wrote:HELLO EVERYONE,

strange things hapen on online poker games...
players seen to now which cards are gonna come out!!

can someone tell me what the hand number means ??
can we get to know the cards around us ?

the hand numbers are that sites way of keeping track of each hand Smile
LilWeed
LilWeed

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by slyone66 Thu Feb 26, 2009 7:55 pm

all you have to do is go on you tube and look up absolute poker scandal or ultimate bet and you will see the whole cheating scandal and just how the scumbag ,who was a former employee got away with it. check it out, it's definitely worth watching. and there is also mention of poker stars sorry D
slyone66
slyone66

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by bellevuelimo Sun Jun 19, 2011 12:24 pm

well if u went all in preflop with your pocket aces 10 times and lost everytime id say you were unlucky, but thats not the case at all here from what youve said. Sounds to me like u are overvalueing 1 pair. granted its a good pair but its still just one pair. Either you should learn how to play post flop, Or you should push all in preflop. But if you watch poker online or on tv getting aces isnt a big deal but you really need to know how to play them.
In my opinion too many online players are looking to get into too many coinflip situations, coinflips just isnt poker, Its a part of it butnot something you shlould do too often

bellevuelimo

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down