Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

ChrisNutter taking a page from T.B.D. trying to go 0 to 1000.00 for now

+2
PowerPlay777
ChrisNutter
6 posters

Go down

ChrisNutter taking a page from T.B.D. trying to go 0 to 1000.00 for now Empty ChrisNutter taking a page from T.B.D. trying to go 0 to 1000.00 for now

Post by ChrisNutter Fri Jan 02, 2009 4:41 pm

Well I saw what T.B.D. and a few others were trying to do and decided to try to go from 0 to 1000.00 for the time being. I may go for larger than 1000.00 but wanted to set my sights in a reasonable fashion for now.

I'll be playing on DoylesRoom also.

Day 1:

Well last week I cleared everything out and started at 0. I did a quickdraw freeroll and was able to get into the final 300 (finished 162) so Sunday's Grand came and I did okay in it. I played my way into the money and made $3.24 cents. It wasn't as good as expected but I was glad to just have a little bit of a bankroll.

Day 2:

After having an extremely hectic week at work (work at a hotel) I didn't get the chance to play until today. I played at the .02/.04 no limit table and for the first ten hands sat back and just watched everyone playing. One guy at the table had about 14.27 and the rest were playing with a couple dollars. I saw the big bankroll just muscling everyone and the small stacks took chances cause what did they really have to lose. On my 11th hand I was dealt 8Sp7Sp I was in the big blind so I got to see the flop free. I hit with trip 8's and an A came and I checked. I watched as the big stack came out betting and the others made a couple low calls. I made a small call and the turn brought a K, I checked and of course the big stack bet, this time he bet big and saw the others except one fold where he went all-in. I went all-in myself and a harmless three came on the river. He flipped AK up and I showed the trips to take the pot. So a good start to the weekend of poker.

However, after that I played only two more hands and went down a little bit to give a tiny bit back before leaving when the blinds came around to me.

So I think late tonight I will do a 1+.10 tourney later at about 11 EST if anyone else is going to be in it. I think a late night tourney will do well with not a lot of people in it. But I'll have to wait and see if I see anymore then 250 people I wont enter, but until then I am just gonna take the rest of the night off for the time.

Current Bankroll: 7.62

I'm probably going to have a lot of updates tomorrow and sunday as I have the weekend off and will be able to play a lot.

I'm going to go by the same rules as Chris Ferguson and T.B.D. It's all about bankroll management.

ChrisNutter
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Back to top Go down

ChrisNutter taking a page from T.B.D. trying to go 0 to 1000.00 for now Empty Re: ChrisNutter taking a page from T.B.D. trying to go 0 to 1000.00 for now

Post by PowerPlay777 Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:09 pm

Good luck, I`ve been tryin to do the same for awhile. got up to about 75 and then lost it all.
Can`t seem to get back on a roll.
The new year seems to be bringing a little luck tho.
Placed ITM in a couple FRs so far.
If I get off the ground I`ll post Smile
PowerPlay777
PowerPlay777
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

ChrisNutter taking a page from T.B.D. trying to go 0 to 1000.00 for now Empty Re: ChrisNutter taking a page from T.B.D. trying to go 0 to 1000.00 for now

Post by ChrisNutter Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:46 pm

What's your name in Doyles I may be palying with you in some of them soon?

ChrisNutter

Back to top Go down

Post by ryodejaneiro Fri Jan 02, 2009 8:57 pm

Good luck, Chris. I really haven't played on Doyles Room but it looks like you're off to a good start.

If I may make a recommendation - as you're doing this challenge, try to stick to one poker room. I started my 0 to 10,000 quest on Bodog, then won some money on PokerStars and FullTilt and that's really taken away from my progress. Combined, I have about $60 but it basically breaks down to $20 per room.

Keep us updated on how things go!
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by PowerPlay777 Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:02 pm

Name on Doyle`s is same as here
PowerPlay777
PowerPlay777

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Fri Jan 02, 2009 11:33 pm

That's a great start. Just wanted to stop by to offer my support and wish you the best of luck on your journey. Keep us in the loop through the ups and downs. I'll be looking forward to following along.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sat Jan 03, 2009 8:55 am

nice trap with the set chris, i'm happy you're here with us at donkhard ... keep up the good work, and good luck.

also awiting bd's next update ... whenever life affords him the oppotunity!

dijwaila
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

ChrisNutter taking a page from T.B.D. trying to go 0 to 1000.00 for now Empty Day 2 continued until late into the night.......

Post by ChrisNutter Sat Jan 03, 2009 10:01 am

Well after deciding I would play a little bit more last night (yeah I figured why not I was watching Alabama vs. Utah)

I went to a .02/.04 table again and started out the same as earlier watching the first 10 hands before joining. I came into a pair of KK on my 15th hand. The guy that raised happened to be in the big blind, and went for about 5 times the big blind. I called and it was me and them heads up. Flop came 9S 10S 4H and he came out with a large bet. I decided to raise over the top as it was appearing this was just a follow-up bet to the original raise. He took just about the entire time limit and called. 8C on the turn, he checked and I bet all-in. He winds up calling which makes me at this point start sweating that maybe I got trapped. QD on the river and he flips over pocket QQ after it reveals my KK. So I took a huge beat on that. So to say the least the night didn't start out very well. I left that table and joined a different one and was able to get back some of the loses.

I did decide to play in Quickdraw Freeroll and got into the top 300 so I'll see everyone on the Sunday Grand, and there was a tourney for a 1.10 and about 250 people in it with abut 10 minutes left in the time. I decided to play and away it went for a while getting closer and closer to the money I was in the middle of the pack and got lucky with a 7 high flush over the 6 high of the last person eliminated to make the money. I got a lot more relaxed after being in the money and continued playing. I went on playing until 2nd place and made 72.13 after the eventual tally of the prize pool. I was PUMPED! cheers as well as exhausted. It was about 1 am here on the East coast and I was beat so at that point I called it a night and went to bed. We shall see what today brings, but for now were off to an amazingly good start but I know as the felt giveth the felt will taketh at some point but for now riding the wonderful wave of emotion.

Bankroll: 80.20 affraid

ChrisNutter

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sat Jan 03, 2009 11:04 am

i guess you and tbd are the fundamentalist challengers, following the path of 'jesus'. so what does that make me, some kind of splinter sect ... or am i just a cheater, lol?

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisNutter Sat Jan 03, 2009 1:42 pm

Haha, hey to each there own. I decided with my bankroll at what it is at the moment that I will be moving up in ring games, to either .05/.10 or .10/.20, havent played much yet today been watching football but will be playing later so any updates I'll let ya know.

Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut, so as long as it's working for you then hey haha go for it, or otherwise Twisted Evil live by the horns, die by the horns lol

ChrisNutter

Back to top Go down

ChrisNutter taking a page from T.B.D. trying to go 0 to 1000.00 for now Empty Re: 0-1000

Post by k9ofspades Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:13 pm

Hi all

I been working on it since september I got 115 total at Doyles room and Carbon. One site I had about 25 at went out of business Sad . I'm playing mostly .02-.04. Won an entrance into Poker Stars $2000 free roll for today. Won it playing Badugi which i think might be my best game Unfortunately its in pot limit Omaha which is definitely not my best so i will need lots of luck to make a bridgehead at Poker Stars.

regards Guy

PS Guy747 at Doyles

k9of spades at Carbon
k9ofspades
k9ofspades
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:04 pm

k9ofspades wrote:its in pot limit Omaha which is definitely not my best

guy ... you do not have to use that ticket during the week in which you won it. i am not certain how long they last, but i am certain that you have a few weeks at least. so you can wait and enter a tournament with a format in which you are stronger.

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

ChrisNutter taking a page from T.B.D. trying to go 0 to 1000.00 for now Empty Been a long long time

Post by ChrisNutter Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:59 pm

Sorry for the delay in the long reply but working two jobs leaves a little less time for poker and updates and well there just really hasn't been much going on it's been a bill of ups and downs I'm sitting at 77.00 right now and still working on it but it's not really going anywhere.

ChrisNutter

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down