Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

PokerStars Freeroll Finish!

3 posters

Go down

PokerStars Freeroll Finish! Empty PokerStars Freeroll Finish!

Post by datsme53 Wed Feb 25, 2009 3:35 am

Well... I did it again! Decided I'd frustrate myself with another attempt at a PokerStars freeroll qualifier. This time, however, I came through it with an 11th place finish and qualified for The Weekly $2k Final!

This one was a NL 5 Card Draw tourneywith 6,000 entrants. Like any of these freeroll quailfiers on PokerStars.... it was definitely a grind for sure. Started at 7:00 PM and at about 1:00 AM (CST)....six hours to just qualify in the top 48 to make it. I didn't think I would make it at all. My stack was going up and down so much I thought I was in a YoYo tourney..LOL! I finally stretched it out and made it and then won a couple hands and when it was down to 32 left I shrank down to just 8600 chips...big blinds were 10,000 now so I figured I was out. Turns out I won that hand that put me all in and won the next 2 also... lol! 2 hands later... I won the next 5 out of 6 with some good size pots. The next thing you know I had over 300,000 chips! I was still fairly short stacked but felt I was in it. Eventually about 2:00 AM or so I got knocked out!

This tourney had some of the wildest 5 Card Draw hands I'd ever seen! I don't think I've ever seen so many big hands get beat in my life! I saw unbelievable amounts of 3 of a kind getting cracked on the draw... and str8s, flushes, Full houses, even 2 four of a kinds got cracked at my table by higher four of a kinds! It made you really leary of betting on big pairs or 2 pair hands at all!

Well, wish me luck for the $2k Tourney at PokerStars this weekend. The Saturday one is at 10:00 AM EST and the Sunday one is at 2:00 PM EST. I haven't for sure made up my mind which one I'll play in just yet. Should be about 5,000 entrants or so in each one... and pay outs will be out to 1080 places.
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

PokerStars Freeroll Finish! Empty well congrads for a job well done

Post by chefjimmy Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:35 am

that being said...i have won more than a few of the weekly qualifiers at poker stars..always hours of grueling play...only to try n do it all over again...for a buck or so..i truthfully think the odds of walking down the sidewalk ans finding a winning lottery ticket are similar..but its none the less a very hard win and i congradulate you...i did choose to quit playing them for the above reasons...too many sites smaller offering larger rewards...with much smaller fields...mark my words if you win 2 bucks you will have beat out 15,000 players and spent about 9 hrs doing it...come to about 20 cents an hour...but again tough win i congradulate you.
chefjimmy
chefjimmy
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 545
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

PokerStars Freeroll Finish! Empty Re: PokerStars Freeroll Finish!

Post by slyone66 Wed Feb 25, 2009 11:24 am

Dats you been on a roll lately. you've had some good finishes.glad to hear it. congrats on your finishes and hopefully will lead to more in the future
slyone66
slyone66

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:04 pm

congrats dats lol no rhyme intended but really good job cause i know how tough to get thru the field on pokerstars and gl on the next round play well my friend .

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down