Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Bankroll Management

+4
egg
Rondeb20
marlinzNZ
Alecizzo23
8 posters

Go down

Bankroll Management Empty Bankroll Management

Post by Alecizzo23 Sat May 09, 2009 2:16 pm

One of the biggest and best lessons a player can learn is bankroll management, its the key to keep from going broke on your losing streaks and the key to make the best profit possible. The basic strategy i've learned is to never buy in to a cash game for more than 5-10% of your bankroll. Don't be afraid to drop down in limits. For MTT's use about 2% or less of your roll. Just a little of my 2 cents.

How do ya'll manage yours?
Alecizzo23
Alecizzo23
Member Rank: Trips

Number of posts : 125
Registration date : 2009-05-09

Back to top Go down

Bankroll Management Empty Re: Bankroll Management

Post by marlinzNZ Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:42 pm

i play cautiously Smile

marlinzNZ
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 10

Back to top Go down

Post by Rondeb20 Mon Jun 15, 2009 3:01 pm

I have been using Chris Fergusons strategy he uses. Can be found at Full Tilt Academy. Its worked well for me so far, keeps me from tilting from bad beats Very Happy .

Rondeb20

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2009-06-12

Back to top Go down

Bankroll Management Empty buy ins

Post by egg Sun Jun 21, 2009 7:31 am

i try not go buy in more than 15% but i try lotsa games should i buy in more than that?

egg

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-06-21

Back to top Go down

Post by thehogster65 Sun Jun 21, 2009 11:35 am

Since I don't deposit any more I don't really practice BR management. I win some cash in freerolls till I get enough to play a descent payout tourney and I finish ITM or I hit the freerolls again. When I finish ITM and don't bet against because more then likely I will; I will usually have enough for my pick of several small buy-in tourneys that I'm very confident in that I will finish ITM again. When my bankroll gets to around $300 I usually cash out $250 and take my family somewhere spacial with the extra cash. Poker is all a game for me in which I get great pleasure fun and some extra spending cash too. I said it before and I'll say it again,"If you become a pro at poker it becomes a job and you start hating it it is not fun anymore and that my friends is when the grind starts and you have to start second guessing yourself. Cause now you are thinking man I have to cash in this tourney or I am going to miss my house payment or some other bill payment and then the game is no fun." You all will never see me become a pro simply cause I love the game so much that I don't want to ruin that for me. Other than my wife and kids poker and sports are my outlet that I release all my bad JUJU with. PEACE OUT
thehogster65
thehogster65
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by illphillllllll Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:36 pm

hogster i too enjoy poker even though our approach seems totally different. i am a bankroll management guy because i would like to play bigger games on a regular basis in the future. i feel that if you have $300 and withdraw $250 you are settling for being a small time player, i have seen you play and think you have the tools to beat the bigger games. if you had a couple grand you could play the $100 buy in tournys and when you do hit instead of taking the family out to eat you could take them to aruba or any other place you wanted. i want you to do whats best for yourself and what makes you happy but selfishly i would love to see one of our best players move on to bigger and better games. you are one of the players here i respect most i wish you had bigger goals because you have the skillset to achieve them.
illphillllllll
illphillllllll

Number of posts : 745
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Post by thehogster65 Sun Jun 21, 2009 8:55 pm

illphillllllll wrote:hogster i too enjoy poker even though our approach seems totally different. i am a bankroll management guy because i would like to play bigger games on a regular basis in the future. i feel that if you have $300 and withdraw $250 you are settling for being a small time player, i have seen you play and think you have the tools to beat the bigger games. if you had a couple grand you could play the $100 buy in tournys and when you do hit instead of taking the family out to eat you could take them to aruba or any other place you wanted. i want you to do whats best for yourself and what makes you happy but selfishly i would love to see one of our best players move on to bigger and better games. you are one of the players here i respect most i wish you had bigger goals because you have the skillset to achieve them.

Well thank you very much phill for all the kind words and words of encouragement. I am sure sometime I will play in one of the really big buy-in tourneys and will hit the top 5 for some serious cash. I can guarantee you one thing thou; when I do there will be one HELL of a freeroll with maybe a few bounties too.Till then PEACE OUT EVERYONE. Keep grinding a way and may all your poker dreams come true.
thehogster65
thehogster65

Number of posts : 438
Registration date : 2009-03-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RazorBacker1 Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:55 pm

Hey, Hogster, Phill is right, If you will just go by what i have heard as the norm in BRM which is no more than 5% on a buyin. or 10% on MTT.. the 300.00 BR could put you in a 30.00 MTT or 15.00 S&G. with only a short period im sure you would be banking tons more, when the bank grows so do your tournys, stay with the %... like Philly says, every 6 months take the family on vac. .. and what ever you decide dont by any means let them fry your bacon. Laughing See Ya Razor!
RazorBacker1
RazorBacker1
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Alecizzo23 Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:47 pm

I really thing the way hogster takes poker is beneficial. Cause it sounds like you aren't trying to make it a living and just enjoy it for what it is... a game Smile
Alecizzo23
Alecizzo23

Number of posts : 125

Back to top Go down

Post by NicolasWSOP Tue Jun 30, 2009 2:11 am

What is this "Bankroll Management" you speak of?!?!
NicolasWSOP
NicolasWSOP
Member Rank: Quads
Member Rank: Quads

Number of posts : 819

Back to top Go down

Post by RazorBacker1 Tue Jun 30, 2009 3:18 pm

Hey Yall, I will post some info on bankroll management. give it a look!
RazorBacker1
RazorBacker1

Number of posts : 82
Registration date : 2009-02-02

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down