Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT STARTING HAND

3 posters

Go down

NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT STARTING HAND Empty NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT STARTING HAND

Post by csmron Sun Aug 16, 2009 12:47 pm

It is obvious to any player that has played the game for a length of time. Sure A A is the best STARTING HAND. The key to the phrase is STARTING. So many times in my "formative poker years" I would have the unreasonable expectation that my superior starting hand should take down the pot. I would get angry, and go on tilt if my expectations weren't met. This reaction was "natural" but not profitable in the long run.
Understanding the realities of poker, and adjusting my attitude towards "the bad beat syndrome". Which means employing "patience, and acceptance" at the conclusion of any hand played. If at the river, I have the losing or one of the losing hands, then there is no possible way for me to change that. It literally is what it is, so the practice of "acceptance" and using the outcome to recognize similiar situations in my future play is using my "poker intelligence" instead of allowing my emotions to push me into even worse decisions.
Am I A perfect poker player "absolutely not", but my play and outcome has improved steadily, by learning to chose my starting hands, and when it doesn't pan out getting off of them. Patience in tournament play is A matter of choice. I have found that the less flops i see the greater my reward is, for I'm not putting my stack at risk and when the time to push hard comes. I try to get in with the better starting cards and accept the outcome whichever way it comes, This keeps me from tilting and really making some stupid decisions. Just thought I would share A little beneficial knowledge I have paid the price for. Neutral

csmron
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 11
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT STARTING HAND Empty Re: NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT STARTING HAND

Post by Surf Rat Sun Aug 16, 2009 11:12 pm

What a Face absolutely agree .... no hand is safe at the start ....wish some more of the obnoxious whineing bitchers would learn the Zen of poker and stop abuseing the chatter box when they get out drawn...odds are just that "odds" and they can be beat ....Hell I've been splashed so many times by the river I carry a towel with me when playing poker. Laughing tongue Laughing
Surf Rat
Surf Rat
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2009-05-15

Back to top Go down

NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT STARTING HAND Empty Re: NO SUCH THING AS A PERFECT STARTING HAND

Post by Roller Mon Aug 17, 2009 8:26 pm

Starting hands are just that "starting hands".
You must be able to Fold AA PostFlop, Turn, and on the River when table dynamics dictate.

Notice PreFlop isn't in the list.

Evil or Very Mad

Laughing

Many players risk much and gain little with AA.
Don't overplay a pair.

Nice Post and Good Luck at the tables.

Roller
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 645
Registration date : 2009-07-10

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down