Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Some people have all the luck lol

2 posters

Go down

Some people have all the luck lol Empty Some people have all the luck lol

Post by 10Zav01 Sat Sep 13, 2008 8:15 am

Okay... not a bad beat story

I limp in with 5-6o
some dude raises the pot up

the flop is 3-5-6

i bet flop

get called by two

the 2nd caller is an obvious ATM/Calling Station
he is of no concern

the raiser i am putting on AK or KQ or something along those lines
the turn is a King.. good card! i can lure this sucker in! i bet 75% of the pot and he comes right over me! YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I AM GONNA DBL UP!!!!!!!!!!! I insta call his all in....

the person had raised preflop with 2-4s.... in the process of 4 hands I am out because he managed to flop the nuts.. what pisses me off isn't he did that... it is that i didn't have 4-7s i like to play or 4-5o or 4-5s because the river was a 7, and i would've tied... and I really didn't get mad, because as much as this sucked for me I have done similar stuff with baby connectors to others.

10Zav01
Member Rank: Trips

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Some people have all the luck lol Empty Re: Some people have all the luck lol

Post by KEVINfromHB Sun Sep 14, 2008 10:13 pm

On so many levels, betting anything with a 5-6os is just the wrong thing to do, unless maybe you are on the button, and only SB/BB are left, you raise and hope for a blind theft. Anything else is just silly poker.
KEVINfromHB
KEVINfromHB
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://goodcleanfun.nicetheme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by 10Zav01 Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:47 am

KEVINfromHB wrote:On so many levels, betting anything with a 5-6os is just the wrong thing to do, unless maybe you are on the button, and only SB/BB are left, you raise and hope for a blind theft. Anything else is just silly poker.
You are incorrect. 5-6os and 5-6s are virtually the same hands and can be played the same way. You are not truly looking to hit flushes with small cards, because you could get hung up by an ace calling and hitting a fourth flush card on the board.

Whenever you hit top two pair you have a strong hand, so betting it is never silly. 8.5/10 times you have the winning hand. The problem with online poker is when you have a strong hand that isn't the nuts in a tournament you do not have a proper starting stack to absorb losses and the pot swell big from betting in accordance to the pot, so one hand is easy to get your money in on. In a tournament r/l, if it isn't modeled off of online tournaments it is harder to get your money in correctly in the beginning stages of a tournament, if you do you are usually risking too much chips imo...

In ring games it's a lot different since you can buy back in

10Zav01

Number of posts : 133
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down