Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Quick Draw to the Sunday Grand at Doyles

Go down

Quick Draw to the Sunday Grand at Doyles Empty Quick Draw to the Sunday Grand at Doyles

Post by datsme53 Sun Dec 14, 2008 10:16 pm

I'm new here so I don't know how many of you play at Doylesroom. For those of you who play there a lot... this won't help you, but maybe some of you might benefit. I like the Quick Draws at DoylesRoom. They are now qualifiers for the Sunday Grand(used to be Real Players Invitational). Before that the Quick Draws just payed out money. It was a $300 free roll with blinds that changed every 2 minutes. Now the Quick Draws are 3 minute blinds and the top 300 finishers from each night Monday through Saturday qualify for the Sunday Grand.... A $1000 tourney that starts every Sunday at 9:00PM eastern time. You can also qualify for 8 consecutive Sunday Grands by being a new depositor.(no need to deposit to play and win)(To find the Quick Draws, just go to the main poker lobby and click on the Scheduled Tournaments tab and then click on Special) Idea

It's not difficult at all to qualify to make the field on Sunday. I've made it every time since they started it with the Real Players Invitational, and now the Sunday Grand, and always made it at least 2 or 3 times during the week(don't get anymore qualifying chances even if you make 2 or more times in 1 week, but I like playing the Quick Draws). I found that you just need to play the way you like best and build up about 4,000 chips or so and just stall your way in. Talk to the players on your table at that point and get at least some to go along and it works very easily. You only need to hang in there for about 25 to 30 minutes to qualify and it doesn't matter if you finish 300th or 1st... you still qualify and don't get anything more for being first. Cool

When you play in the Sunday Grand, the blinds are 5 minutes and it doesn't take long to get to the cash. They pay out between 198 to about 260 places depending on how many entries there are(payout starts at $1), and first place is usually between $170 to $198. There are usually between 1100 to 1500 players, so I think it's a really good opportunity to bring in some cash to build up a bankroll and then parlay that into something better. I haven't won one yet, but been in the top ten a few times and got beat out on river suck outs to keep me from winning.... you know how it goes... lol. Surprised

Oh! I didn't mention it, but the Quick Draw qualifiers all start at 10:00 PM Eastern... 1 hour later than the time for the Sunday Grand. Also, the regular free rolls for everyone at Doyle's are now mostly $100 ones, but there is no rake requirement that there was before, only that if you do play in a ring game and play eligible raked hands... you get more chips to start with in the $100 freerolls. There are several places on this site that link to Doyles, so if you haven't signed up there yet, click on one from here and give Doyles a try. It's free to join and play. Good luck and I'll see you at the tables! Rolling Eyes

datsme53 sunny
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down