Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

when to play what cards and in which position

Go down

when to play what cards and in which position Empty when to play what cards and in which position

Post by mccloskey Sat Nov 01, 2008 2:24 pm

hi i decided o start his thread and i probably understand most of you are highly polished poker players so will not need to be told this but i dont mean to be patronising just thought id post a little helpful topic for beginners of the game ...i am by no means an expert far from it lol

right i watched a video on basic stratergy by gus hansen not long back,{probably not the best example of a poker pro to learn from but his points were valid,he discussed about knowing ,how do you know when to play what cards your dealt and i what cards in which positon and he came up with a handy way for you to remember and i find if you stick to this consistently and bearwith it it will help your game and stop those know it alls always calling you a donk when you really dont mean to be,your just underinformed lol..

for starters imgaine each card has a value ace being 14 and a deuce being 2 , now the two cards you are dealt should relate in added value to the position your are in example if our in first position try and only play hands that add up to at least over 21 ie j10 minimum, really though try and make the early position total about 23 24 then as you move up the positions drop the limit on the added value of your cards to say middle position depending on how tight you wana play 19 so you could play 10 9 there,

do this all the way up to late position where depending on how players have acted before you can really be any two cards maybe you could try writing down on a piece of paper all the positions possible on table then set you limit for each hand and try and stick to it you will be amazed how much it will help your game, of course theres always exceptions to rules in a game of poker but if you really work on it ad stick to a system in poker even when it seems to not be working in the long run youl be better off , because in poker being consistent is everything ,,,,,,,hope you dont find this to difficult to digest and id be happy if anyone wants to show me some flaws in the system after all everyone needs advice

gl at tables mccloskey study

mccloskey
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down