Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Guinness World Record Attempt - Play in the Largest Online Tournament in History!

+2
ryodejaneiro
The Big Donk
6 posters

Go down

Guinness World Record Attempt - Play in the Largest Online Tournament in History! Empty Guinness World Record Attempt - Play in the Largest Online Tournament in History!

Post by The Big Donk Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:06 pm

PokerStars will attempt to set a world record for the largest online poker tournament in history. Come be a part of it this record setting event on December 28th. The buy-in is only $11, with an unbelievable $500,000 Guaranteed to be in the prize pool! Not too shabby for $11. My wife and I will both be in this one for sure. And I have it on good source that we won't be the only pros in this game. I noticed lilholdem954 is already registered. Personally, I'm hoping to see Lady Maverick I love you or Kid Poker there.

The game will be held on December 28th at 15:30 ET on PokerStars.

Good luck!
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Guinness World Record Attempt - Play in the Largest Online Tournament in History! Empty Re: Guinness World Record Attempt - Play in the Largest Online Tournament in History!

Post by ryodejaneiro Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:32 am

Yeah, I heard about this just yesterday. I think the max entrants is supposed to be 35,000 with 10 minute blinds...absolutely crazy! You've gotta have some serious luck to win this thing.

I'm very tempted to try but with my my small bankroll, I may end up not playing...guess I'll need to play some before this game and pad my bankroll!
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Guinness World Record Attempt - Play in the Largest Online Tournament in History! Empty Re: Guinness World Record Attempt - Play in the Largest Online Tournament in History!

Post by dijwaila Tue Dec 23, 2008 10:03 am

pokerstars isn't a common one for me ... but i played a couple of their badugi freerolls, a format i have wanted to try for a while ... and now with a ticket to a weekly 2k tournament (one on saturday), might see you there if all goes well on saturday!

The Big Donk wrote:... I'm hoping to see Lady Maverick I love you or Kid Poker there.
Good luck!
hmm ... both familiar names, but for different reasons ... lol. would negraneau play such a low stakes game? maybe for the promo effect i guess ...

dijwaila
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 553
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Tue Dec 23, 2008 12:24 pm

dijwaila wrote:

The Big Donk wrote:... I'm hoping to see Lady Maverick I love you or Kid Poker there.
Good luck!
hmm ... both familiar names, but for different reasons ... lol. would negraneau play such a low stakes game? maybe for the promo effect i guess ...

I'd say it's a good possibility if his schedule allows. The buy-in to prize ratio is irresistible. A $500,000 prize pool is not easy to turn your back on, especially for such a good price. I don't know off hand what Negreanu's lifetime winnings are, but they're way up there, for sure.

I know Chad Batista's (lilholdem954) lifetime winnings are up over $2,000,000; $1.5M online and over half a mil live. He's already registered.

Vanessa Rousso (LadyMaverick) has only about $175,000 in tourney winnings on PS, but she's over $1,500,000 overall lifetime. Similarities between hers and Chad's winnings, though most of her winnings are live. So here's to hoping I see her there!

I'll keep an eye on Daniel's blog and see if he mentions anything about Sunday's game.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by ryodejaneiro Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:36 pm

Given the scope of this event, I would think that Kid Poker will play as long as there aren't any major conflicts with his schedule (in some ways, I could see Stars asking him to not schedule anything and have him play since he's the biggest name in that room). In any case, having Negreanu in the field will likely increase the entrants and that's what PokerStars would want.

Also, I wonder if Stars would consider increasing the number of seats if it gets filled up relatively quickly? It looks like there's a bit over 10,000 seats filled now.
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Tue Dec 23, 2008 4:17 pm

I know their goal is 35,000 entrants, but I don't think they plan on capping it there. Since they're looking to set a World Record, hopefully they'll leave it open to seat as many players as want to enter! Also, with 35,000 seat cap, they wouldn't even be able to meet the Guaranteed amount with buy-ins, and they'd be putting over $100,000 of their own into the pool. With an $11 buy-in, they'll want at least 45,455 entrants just to cover the Guarantee, and more to make it larger!

Regardless of how many enter, I can guarantee 2 things:

1. There will be $500,000 in the prize pool (well actually, PokerStars guarantees that Very Happy )

2. My wife and I will be there for sure!
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Tue Dec 23, 2008 8:19 pm

The Big Donk wrote:I know their goal is 35,000 entrants, but I don't think they plan on capping it there ... With an $11 buy-in, they'll want at least 45,455 entrants just to cover the Guarantee, and more to make it larger!

somebody from pokerstars admin said in an interview last week that they will be keeping field relatively small, due to server issues.
lol ... want to start a field size pool? ... i'd guess there will 55000.

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Tue Dec 23, 2008 9:28 pm

dijwaila wrote:
somebody from pokerstars admin said in an interview last week that they will be keeping field relatively small, due to server issues.
lol ... want to start a field size pool? ... i'd guess there will 55000.

Makes sense from the server standpoint. Hopefully no one who wants to play has to miss out.

I'd love to do a pool... Oh crap. Just checked the tourney lobby again. It is capped at maximum 35,000 entrants. I'd better reg.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:21 am

35000 was the number quoted in the interview ... though it seemed they might increase it.

my attempt to win enough for the buy-in ended quickly. got pocket jacks second hand of the 2k tournament ... standard preflop raise later and one opponent with a 8JK flop. all the chips go in on a series of three raises and opponent shows KK ... and that was that, lol.

good luck t.b.d.!

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by ryodejaneiro Sat Dec 27, 2008 9:50 am

Well, just checked the registration page and it's closed at 35,100! The number seems to be slowly increasing (first time I checked it was at 35,091) so I assume the only other way to get in is through a satellite. But sadly, no Kid Poker or Lady Maverick.

I was considering registering but of course its too late. But I wouldn't have been able to play anyway since the wireless network that I'm currently logged into at my sister's place is choppy. The only way to get a good connection is to directly connect to the router that's in the guest room but that guest room is in use...so, dijwaila, I'll be joining you on the sidelines. Good luck TBD (and your wife)! Here's to you guys at least making ITM! bounce
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro

Back to top Go down

Guinness World Record Attempt - Play in the Largest Online Tournament in History! Empty Good Luck!!

Post by PowerPlay777 Sat Dec 27, 2008 11:00 am

Take it down TBD! Good luck to your wife and any other Donks that are in,tambien!
PowerPlay777
PowerPlay777

Number of posts : 214
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by slyone66 Sat Dec 27, 2008 12:45 pm

good luck to all that registered from donkhard. missed the registetion. went in and check closed. full TBD bring it home
slyone66
slyone66

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sun Dec 28, 2008 10:33 am

so i won't be able to try my hand(s) at this one ... but there's still the 100k at full tilt starting 30 minutes earlier. it has a buy in of 2000 full tilt points and when last i checked, seats were still available.

all good fortune to all good donks ... pokerstars is setting a record for number of players in a tournament today ... so let's set a donkhard record for amount of $$$$ won by members today!

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Sun Dec 28, 2008 12:50 pm

Thanks guys for the support. I'm excited for this one. My wife and I both had a great night last night at the poker tables, whomping on everyone we came across in our respective ring games. I've got a solid feeling about today, but we'll see in a couple of hours how full of #%$! my "feelings" are. lol.

For now I'm going to go enjoy a few rounds on the new Gran Tourismo that game I got for Christmas. I wonder if any other donkhards signed up for this game? Anyhow, I'll see you all there in a bit, and then at the donkhard freeroll tonight at 8:00 ET.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:53 pm

scratch that, about a quater of the way in to the seond bottle of wine, staring to kick in preety hevy now ... no 100k full tilt tournament for me today. good fortune t.b.d., you're going to have to acrry the donkhard flag for today ... come five o'clock i'm heading for a restaurant, don't trust myslef with cooking ... or any form of fire at this point, lol.

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sun Dec 28, 2008 1:58 pm

oh ... t.b.d., what's you name on pokerstars?

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:00 pm

and since i'll be doing nothing but railing ... what's your wife's pokerstars name (if she's into poker voyers too, lol)

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by dijwaila Sun Dec 28, 2008 2:42 pm

so no donk railing for me today ... guess i'll have to console my self with wine and watching durr play high stakes on full tilt ... until later, good luck at the tables!

dijwaila

Back to top Go down

Post by ChrisNutter Fri Jan 02, 2009 6:56 pm

How did it wind up turning out for you TBD? and did your wife do better than you?

ChrisNutter
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-25

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down