Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

play loose at the end of a tournament?

4 posters

Go down

play loose at the end of a tournament? Empty play loose at the end of a tournament?

Post by ptrmichals Sat Nov 29, 2008 11:46 am

when you are getting near an end of a tournament with good payouts do you try to fold alot of hands and get a better pay out or go for the win and play loose?? any ideas?

ptrmichals
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-29

Back to top Go down

play loose at the end of a tournament? Empty Re: play loose at the end of a tournament?

Post by DizzyDog Sat Nov 29, 2008 2:37 pm

that depends on ur goal my freind....if u want 2 win, u've got 2 play 2 win. Stickl yo a style that u play well. some players play a loose style oftwn n quite naturally....others do better sticking 2 a tight game. if your goal is 2 cash, maybe move a few spot up the money ladder, alot of folding is probably going 2 net u the best results....what u want in that situationis just 4 the other bastards to donk out....the more ufold, the longer u stay in....the longer you stay in, the higher up the money ladder u go.
Me...i play 2 win....but if u could fold ur way into reaching whatever goal u want 2 reach, then by all means reach ur goals

DizzyDog
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2008-06-14

Back to top Go down

play loose at the end of a tournament? Empty Re: play loose at the end of a tournament?

Post by jolietdusty Mon Dec 08, 2008 8:29 am

if you are trying to build a bankroll to play with maybe alot of folding will move you up the ladder thus building your bankroll quicker. Plus if your playing freerolls then the payouts seem to be closer together and a few spots may not make that much difference. However in the buy-in tournies even at low limits if the number of participants is up there then moving up 2 or 3 spots can make a big difference in the amount you will bring home gl on the felts

jolietdusty
Member Rank: Pair
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

play loose at the end of a tournament? Empty Re: play loose at the end of tournament

Post by k9ofspades Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:42 am

I find a lot of people play really tight towards the end sometimes the whole table. In this situation you can usually rob the table blind. If someone raises me but not too much, I might even call if I have nothing, after much apparrent thought when I'm at a table where I've been stealing particularly successfully and than fold to the next bid. Also if you do get a monster they are more likely to give you action on a so so hand.

Guy
k9ofspades
k9ofspades

Number of posts : 79
Registration date : 2008-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down