Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords.

+35
o2eye
quepasa
goofy12u
lickalot
LilWeed
tablechancer
datsme53
jolub
tayze77
initiator
KEVINfromHB
hiphopstoner
holdinbigslick
RobbWillow
Paradigm8
crowe2200
muck24
bredstik
Nutz-R-Gutz
gaacker
BadAssOutlaw
Larrdawg69
slyone66
sutan
DiscinFrog
localdan
jgmotorfan
neverfoldaduc
konawajim
bestoboth
Igor30
Aud300
dijwaila
Jeester
The Big Donk
39 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. Empty Changes to the format of releasing the passwords.

Post by The Big Donk Mon Dec 01, 2008 4:11 pm

Due to some of the problems that we've been having from the beginning regarding the announcement of the passwords, I am going to change the format on how the passwords will be announced.

I will only be releasing freeroll passwords no longer than 1 hour prior to gametime. In some (maybe many) instances, I may wait until only a few minutes before the game to release the password.

I'm sorry if this is a problem for anyone, especially those who have been here a long time and are used to the old format. The main problem for me has been the issue of password sharing. These games are intended for our members, not for players who don't want to join donkhard.

At least if this were a paid subscription forum, I could understand why many may not want to or be unable to join. But being that the donkhard forum is offered as a free service to all, there's absolutely no reason why anyone who wants the password to a game can't just take a few moments to sign up like the rest of us did.

For those who are sharing passwords: stop it. Giving out passwords to games created for our members with people who are not members is not allowed. I repeat in simple terms: Password sharing is not allowed. Please refer to the Donkhard Poker Forum Rules for clarification. Rules of interest regarding this matter include rule #2 and rule #6.

The change should also help greatly reduce the number of "sit-outs," a complaint many of our members have had for quite some time. Hopefully these changes will improve the quality of our tournaments and make them more enjoyable for all of our members.

PLEASE NOTE:
I will NOT be telling anyone exactly when the password is going to be released, so don't bother asking; you'll be wasting your time. I'll release the passwords anywhere between gametime and 1 hour prior to gametime.

I will edit the original post about the tournament to include the password when it is time to be released.

I'll also put up a new post in this section titled something along the lines of "Password Available Now" once I have posted the password.

For now, this applies to freerolls only. Passwords for buy-in games will still be released ahead of time to encourage registration (which fattens the prize pool! Very Happy )

Last edited by The Big Donk on Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. Empty Re: Changes to the format of releasing the passwords.

Post by Jeester Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:13 pm

Nice one TBD, I really hope it works.

Jeester
Member Rank: Two Pair
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. Empty change to the format of passwords releasing

Post by Guest Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:18 pm

good for u tbd that will keep people who want to play come back to the site and they will know they are able to play at the time keep up the great work u do tyvm

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. Empty Re: Changes to the format of releasing the passwords.

Post by dijwaila Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:20 pm

happy to see it the changes ... a step in the direction of more enjoyable and better quality games here at donkhard.

dijwaila
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 553

Back to top Go down

Post by Aud300 Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:55 pm

When I first joined I was surprised about how the passwords were passed out here. But I like the new rule.

Aud300
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 12
Registration date : 2008-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Igor30 Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:11 pm

That's my man.Good decision TBD.Keep those passwords safe!!! cheers

Igor30
Member Rank: Trips
Member Rank: Trips

Number of posts : 123

Back to top Go down

Post by bestoboth Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:19 pm

I think that is a fine idea... there is ony one problem that I can see (possibly). Just make sure to set an alarm or something because I was a member of another forum and they switched to that type of format and it always seems that they FORGET to post the password... I know... how could you FORGET to post the password... but it happened... A LOT! LOL So perhaps you are less absent minded but even so... I say put a reminder in ur phone or sumthing! LOL

thanks for EVERYTHING! and I hope this isn't gonna make more work for ya! ur doing a GREAT JOB!!! Smile

bestoboth
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 31
Registration date : 2008-11-01

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:34 pm

bestoboth wrote:I think that is a fine idea... there is ony one problem that I can see (possibly). Just make sure to set an alarm or something because I was a member of another forum and they switched to that type of format and it always seems that they FORGET to post the password... I know... how could you FORGET to post the password... but it happened... A LOT! LOL So perhaps you are less absent minded but even so... I say put a reminder in ur phone or sumthing! LOL

thanks for EVERYTHING! and I hope this isn't gonna make more work for ya! ur doing a GREAT JOB!!! Smile

Good point.

I pretty much always play in the games, and I won't sign myself up until I get the password up first. And I'm already in the habit of setting my phone alarm for the games as soon as I get confirmation on them (didn't want to be one of those "sit-outs").

On some occasions I may put up passwords early, if I'm not going to be around. Thanks to the beautiful technology of web access from my phone, that shouldn't be a problem very often.

Rest assured, I will be sure to post the password for this evening's game. I'm supposed to head out of town, but I'll likely be able to put that off until tomorrow or Sunday. If I do have to leave though, I'll just put the password up a bit early.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by bestoboth Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:04 pm

The Big Donk wrote:

I pretty much always play in the games, and I won't sign myself up until I get the password up first. And I'm already in the habit of setting my phone alarm for the games as soon as I get confirmation on them (didn't want to be one of those "sit-outs").

On some occasions I may put up passwords early, if I'm not going to be around. Thanks to the beautiful technology of web access from my phone, that shouldn't be a problem very often.

Rest assured, I will be sure to post the password for this evening's game. I'm supposed to head out of town, but I'll likely be able to put that off until tomorrow or Sunday. If I do have to leave though, I'll just put the password up a bit early.

See now that is a good idea (the not signing up urself until u post the pass...) and as far as the phone alarms for games... i don't know why, I just figured I was the only forgetful-dork who did that! LOL Perhaps I should start a forum called "Dork-Hard" LOL

Good on ya Big Donk! Smile

bestoboth

Number of posts : 31

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. Empty change to the format of passwords releasing

Post by Guest Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:38 pm

gl on ur trip tbd and my biggest problem is 2 many freerolls on too many sites i always forget 1 or 2 and then go and i have 200 chips oh well it makes it more challanging that way to try and come back from dead last lol.

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:14 pm

Crap. Can't put it off and I'll be in the air by 5:00 Pacific Time which means...

I have to miss the game. Evil or Very Mad

I'll have to put up the password before I board. Well, everyone will have plenty of time to reg. GL guys & gals!
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:32 pm

The Big Donk wrote:Crap. Can't put it off and I'll be in the air by 5:00 Pacific Time which means...

I have to miss the game. Evil or Very Mad

I'll have to put up the password before I board. Well, everyone will have plenty of time to reg. GL guys & gals!

Scratch that.... leaving later now. sunny Might even get to leave tomorrow so I can play the game tonight. What a Face
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by konawajim Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:03 pm

trucker103 wrote:gl on ur trip tbd and my biggest problem is 2 many freerolls on too many sites i always forget 1 or 2 and then go and i have 200 chips oh well it makes it more challanging that way to try and come back from dead last lol.

lol I have the same problem
konawajim
konawajim
Member Rank: Straight
Member Rank: Straight

Number of posts : 184

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. Empty good idea

Post by neverfoldaduc Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:29 pm

i think this is a good idea for those who likes to play i have been here for a good minute and i truly think that this is a good idea so good luck to eve @ ryone im here im there im saguarfare im everywhere

neverfoldaduc

Number of posts : 27
Registration date : 2008-11-12

Back to top Go down

Post by jgmotorfan Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:36 pm

its good idea, no reason why the real donkhard members cant sit down five minutes til and jump in!
also i've noticed that when i scan for freerolls i look for the ones that have a couple hundred already signed up as i go down the list. just info. if its got a 0 in reg. i usually dont open.
i really like this site but i have one ?
how in the world do you guys find the time to post so much
i'm so interested in play poker i often bypass this site for 2 or 3 freeroll tourneys. never get time in between folding and going all in. THE DONKMYSTER

jgmotorfan

Number of posts : 8
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by localdan Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:40 pm

Wow, I can't believe people are dumb enough to share the password. fuck them

localdan

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-12-05

Back to top Go down

Post by DiscinFrog Sat Dec 06, 2008 11:55 am

sounds good plan.. sadly i havent had a chance to play a donk freeroll on ft for a while.. due to wrong timing.. things to do and etc..

but keep up the good and hard work www.donkhard.com does for its forum members..

DiscinFrog

Number of posts : 13

Back to top Go down

Post by sutan Wed Dec 17, 2008 8:11 pm

that sounds good about the password. i just joined a week ago.the site is cool.and free so if you cant take the time to check out the site and join stay the fuc off the tables

sutan

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2008-12-01

Back to top Go down

Post by slyone66 Wed Dec 17, 2008 10:14 pm

i like the new idea BD, hopefully it will keep the scammers who go on the forums trowling for passwords... good job keep it up
slyone66
slyone66

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. Empty I hear ya

Post by Larrdawg69 Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:00 pm

A owner has to do what an owner has to do. I totally agree with your decision and that is one of the main reasons I try to play mainly buyins because the freerolls have had so many entries that it's basically not worth the time invested to maybe make the money. So I hope this cuts down on the thievery and we can have some fun in these games. I say ban anyone who gives out passwords. Cool Cool Cool

Larrdawg69

Number of posts : 22
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by BadAssOutlaw Thu Dec 18, 2008 9:34 pm

like Larry, (i'm on many forums with him) i agree that forums need stricter rules on joining their freerolls.. luckily, i've been able to build a decent bankroll off of private freerolls and i too mostly play buy ins now.. I love good, private freerolls though, because if done right, you get some good competition.. sharing passwords is just stupid and pointless.. the more people in a tourney = the harder the chance for YOU to win, so why invite people that dont belong?... It's really NOT that hard to join the forums and participate a little bit.. keep doing what you're doing, pw thieves WILL be eliminated some day!
BadAssOutlaw
BadAssOutlaw

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-10-31

Back to top Go down

Post by gaacker Wed Dec 24, 2008 8:14 am

Makes perfect sense. In truth, if you are really interested in playing, 1 hour before or 5 hours before, shouldnt affect your decision.

gaacker

Number of posts : 8

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. Empty GOTCHA

Post by Nutz-R-Gutz Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:10 pm

I admit it big guy I was about to whine cause I didn't see the password up yet.Great Idea but us podunks that aren't big blogger fans just got another way around it...Knowing that I can log on about 10 minutes before start time means I can(if so desired) skip browsing the site and just enjoy the play benefits..Make you a new years resolution though..I will ry to socialize at least a couple of times a week.I'm putting myself to the Ferguson test...It took him practically two years to build a 10,000 dollar bank roll . I'm going to do that on two (at least) different sites in the next 22 months starting now. Cake poker may be a good bet and out of respect for jesus I have to do it on full tilt . whatcha think?

Nutz-R-Gutz

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. Empty P.S.

Post by Nutz-R-Gutz Sat Jan 24, 2009 3:15 pm

Thats starting from 0 and working my way up to my goal!!!

Nutz-R-Gutz

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2008-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post by bredstik Sun Jan 25, 2009 5:48 pm

Very good - I'm on board with the idea.

bredstik

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-07-06

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next