Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords.

+35
o2eye
quepasa
goofy12u
lickalot
LilWeed
tablechancer
datsme53
jolub
tayze77
initiator
KEVINfromHB
hiphopstoner
holdinbigslick
RobbWillow
Paradigm8
crowe2200
muck24
bredstik
Nutz-R-Gutz
gaacker
BadAssOutlaw
Larrdawg69
slyone66
sutan
DiscinFrog
localdan
jgmotorfan
neverfoldaduc
konawajim
bestoboth
Igor30
Aud300
dijwaila
Jeester
The Big Donk
39 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. - Page 2 Empty Re: Changes to the format of releasing the passwords.

Post by muck24 Thu Feb 12, 2009 6:51 pm

Thats just fair and the normal way as in other comunitues they do...
Saludos

muck24
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 3
Registration date : 2008-10-07

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. - Page 2 Empty Re: Changes to the format of releasing the passwords.

Post by crowe2200 Fri Feb 13, 2009 10:16 pm

i'm fairly new to this site but i can understand the reasoning for this decision, these are free tourneys and it seems the least u could do is fill out some info and participate now and again

crowe2200

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-01-24

Back to top Go down

Post by Paradigm8 Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:35 pm

jgmotorfan wrote:its good idea, no reason why the real donkhard members cant sit down five minutes til and jump in!
also i've noticed that when i scan for freerolls i look for the ones that have a couple hundred already signed up as i go down the list. just info. if its got a 0 in reg. i usually dont open.
i really like this site but i have one ?
how in the world do you guys find the time to post so much
i'm so interested in play poker i often bypass this site for 2 or 3 freeroll tourneys. never get time in between folding and going all in. THE DONKMYSTER

I do the same thing if I see 0. It's nice to see 50+ registered because it does say alot about your site being active etc. One way to pre-register say 1hr or more early that I've see on another site is that they require in your profile to have your username on whatever poker site the freeroll is being played on so they can troll it once the tourney starts and find out who isn't a site/forum member. Just a thought on getting rid of the password posers. cyclops

Paradigm8

Paradigm8

Registration date : 2009-02-14

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbWillow Sat Feb 14, 2009 6:39 pm

They ruin it for everyione else when they blab the PW

RobbWillow

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-02-08

http://oldskoolpoker.4rumer.com

Back to top Go down

Post by holdinbigslick Sat Feb 14, 2009 7:08 pm

I run my own poker forum and this will work out for you for the time being....Another way to protect the password is to make a minimum amount of posts to get the password...Usually 50 quality posts does the trick. This guarantees that all players should be active members. Hope it works out for you.

holdinbigslick

Number of posts : 2

http://www.thepokerpage.yuku.com

Back to top Go down

Post by hiphopstoner Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:10 pm

So does that mean the Full Tilt password should already be up by now?

But where?

hiphopstoner

Number of posts : 15

Back to top Go down

Post by slyone66 Sat Feb 14, 2009 8:42 pm

look under freeroll passwords and you will find it there. easy as that
slyone66
slyone66
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 702
Registration date : 2008-09-19

Back to top Go down

Post by KEVINfromHB Fri Feb 20, 2009 8:54 am

Donk...the way I look at it, you run the show, and whatever u want u get! I just want to thank you for all the cool toutnies you have set up. Peace!
KEVINfromHB
KEVINfromHB
Member Rank: Flush
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 223
Registration date : 2008-07-20

http://goodcleanfun.nicetheme.com

Back to top Go down

Post by RobbWillow Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:01 pm

That way you dont gotta worry bout people stealin i like this format i have my own forum and i thin i might do that to...i have a link to u guiys on there much props

RobbWillow

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-02-08

http://oldskoolpoker.4rumer.com

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. - Page 2 Empty passwords

Post by initiator Fri Feb 20, 2009 7:08 pm

i´ts my 1st day here and sounds good have been waiting a long time 3 hours . but the knew system sounds good - very good

initiator

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2009-02-20

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. - Page 2 Empty password release

Post by tayze77 Sat Feb 21, 2009 8:08 pm

i wont be able to play as many with this, but i totally agree with this new system, theres nothing more annoying than hoggers tongue tongue Twisted Evil

tayze77

Number of posts : 2
Registration date : 2008-11-22

Back to top Go down

Post by jolub Thu Feb 26, 2009 9:12 pm

Where are the buy-in games listed as well as the freerolls. I don't see them on the schedule.

jolub

Number of posts : 14
Registration date : 2009-02-26

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Thu Feb 26, 2009 11:46 pm

jolub wrote:Where are the buy-in games listed as well as the freerolls. I don't see them on the schedule.

Holy freakin' crap! Do we even have any buy-in game scheduled!?!? Jee-zus, The Big Donk drops the ball again!

I'm looking at the schedule here, and youch, I don't see any even set up Embarassed

I'll get a push going for some buy-in games. Any input as to where folks would like to have some buy-in games, game types, etc.?
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Fri Feb 27, 2009 1:25 am

The Big Donk wrote:
jolub wrote:Where are the buy-in games listed as well as the freerolls. I don't see them on the schedule.

Holy freakin' crap! Do we even have any buy-in game scheduled!?!? Jee-zus, The Big Donk drops the ball again!

I'm looking at the schedule here, and youch, I don't see any even set up Embarassed

I'll get a push going for some buy-in games. Any input as to where folks would like to have some buy-in games, game types, etc.?

Well, you set 'em and I'll play if I can... wish I could really help you on a time... my schedule this weekend is shakey at best. Saturday I'm busy until real late.... I think I'm good for Sunday(be playing in 2K at 1:00PM(CST)... Friday may be good for evening. My sites are limited to Pitbull, Doyles, Bodog, and Eurolinx for enough real money to really be able to play. Don't base anything on me for sure because things change with me on weekends too easily. Just giving you mainly the info on location of my real money accounts that have enough in them I would want to enter a buy in. Smile
datsme53
datsme53
Member Rank: Straight Flush

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. - Page 2 Empty pasword give out

Post by tablechancer Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:20 pm

Hi would it just be too much trouble to phone me and tell me to get into the game. I've been sitting even with password and let game go by. my wife is interesting but i sure would like to build a bankroll she can't tsktsk about. What is poker for anyway lol

tablechancer

Number of posts : 9
Registration date : 2008-06-28

Back to top Go down

Post by LilWeed Fri Feb 27, 2009 12:55 pm

to bad you will miss the game BD, I was looking forward to meeting at the game....next time ...have a safe trip.

And ty for the games
LilWeed
LilWeed

Number of posts : 12

Back to top Go down

Post by lickalot Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:10 am

thanks for the freerolls

lickalot

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2009-02-28

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. - Page 2 Empty lol ok

Post by goofy12u Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:30 pm

i never find the dum passwords anyways so i never get to play lol but good luck to the rest of the group lol
Laughing
goofy12u
goofy12u

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-09-23

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. - Page 2 Empty new password rules

Post by quepasa Tue Mar 10, 2009 1:49 pm

ok, cool, good idea but where is the password.?
could not find it before cannot see it now,, oh what a pokerisiom life,,
anyway cool.. keep up the good work..

quepasa

Registration date : 2009-03-06

Back to top Go down

Post by jolub Wed Mar 11, 2009 7:41 pm

This is good. It cuts down on password thieves and sitouts.

jolub

Number of posts : 14

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Fri Mar 13, 2009 4:34 pm

So I noticed something pretty interesting in last week's Donkhard freeroll on Full Tilt.

There were over 600 entrants in that game, but when I checked on the "users connected over the last 24 hours" prior to the game, only about 300 members had logged in.

Hhhhmmmm.

So if only 300 people showed up here to get the password, how did the other 300+ get into the game?

Obviously some douchebag(s) shared the password.

Great job. Obviously I can't release the passwords early or people will exploit the games. I'd just like to say to those who shared the password; you're f***ing retarded. Seriously.

You managed to double your competition in the game, cut your chances of finishing ITM in half, yet the prizepool didn't increase. So what was the point? How did that benefit you?

I just don't get it. We don't charge anyone any money to sign up. There's no minimum post requirement to get the password. Why not just sign up? Doesn't make sense to me. Oh well. What can I do.

Unfortunately, if the password sharing doesn't stop, there could possibly be some even bigger changes to the freerolls including tougher restrictions, and I'd hate to see that happen. I like the way the games are run now where we are all welcome to come play.

If anyone's got any info on sites or people that are sharing our passwords, please feel free to PM me with the info. Any help is greatly appreciated.

For those who are sharing passwords, please stop before you ruin the games not only for alot of other people, but also for yourselves. Believe me, password sharing morons, if tighter restrictions are put on the games, I can guarantee you won't make the cut as one of the players who gets to participate.

Obviously for now, I'll just have to wait until just a few minutes before the game before releasing the passwords, and hope that's enough.

And that's all I have to say about that. Vote TBD for President in the next election! lol
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Changes to the format of releasing the passwords. - Page 2 Empty oh so this is it

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 5:56 pm

shoot i thought you was skeerd to face me again lmao............ hehehehe, ok so right before the game that is it. well you gotta do what yah gotta do to stop the fake donks from dinking in on our game. besides i dont want some phoney donk busting you out............ that is my special pleasure.

peace outie asz

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest Fri Mar 13, 2009 7:48 pm

see you try to do the good thing and give people time to register but NO some jackazz has to go and ruin it for the rest of the forum theres always one knew there was way to many in that tourney . seems like we have a pretty good group here so who ever u are we will try separate u from the herd and feed u to the fn lions Twisted Evil Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad Evil or Very Mad ps tbd i like how u moderated your own words f***in lol have a great day at the tables tbd.

Back to top Go down

Post by datsme53 Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:53 pm

The Big Donk wrote:
For those who are sharing passwords, please stop before you ruin the games not only for alot of other people, but also for yourselves. Believe me, password sharing morons, if tighter restrictions are put on the games, I can guarantee you won't make the cut as one of the players who gets to participate.

Obviously for now, I'll just have to wait until just a few minutes before the game before releasing the passwords, and hope that's enough.

And that's all I have to say about that. Vote TBD for President in the next election! lol

Seems to me, at least for this tourney, it might have helped the problem... maybe even solved it. Good Job TBD!

As for "Vote TBD for President in the next election!".... don't know why you would want that job, especially in these times , but I'll tell ya something, .... you get my vote for diplomacy for sure. I don't think I could be as "tactful" with the evidence of the password sharing being exposed! Mad Your vocabulary is, I'm sure, a lot more diplomatic than I could have been... LOL! Smile

Ambassodor TheBigDonk......Hmmmmm..... has a ring to it! lol!
datsme53
datsme53

Number of posts : 1583
Registration date : 2008-12-04

Back to top Go down

Post by o2eye Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:36 pm

TY for UR Freerolls~Good Change Good chance For us

o2eye

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2009-03-28

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next