Donkhard.com Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Online Poker Rooms

Private Freeroll for "Top Posters"

+40
illphillllllll
chefjimmy
whakycus
A_Del_Boloco
Alecizzo23
RazorBacker1
Minimouse448
bestoboth
darkstar
8FOCUS8
profitsforlife
jimbeam77
decker
jolub
LilWeed
scr8pin
20filleres
tablechancer
bazzoka
neverfoldaduc
k9ofspades
ct.ect666
JamJells
AAvasydmx
slyone66
Igor30
rsseippel
dijwaila
ryodejaneiro
Debel
Metlz
dallas12
truckinloot
KEVINfromHB
wizardsfan05
CanuckMachine
konawajim
fishinchipz
Scrabblin'
The Big Donk
44 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Private Freeroll for "Top Posters" Empty Private Freeroll for "Top Posters"

Post by The Big Donk Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:20 pm

In an effort to reward our most active members, I would like to sponsor a private freeroll for our Donkhard.com forum members who post the greatest number of topics and replies. These must be quality posts. Post spamming, or posts such as "yeah" or "I farted," are not quality posts.

What I am seeking is legitimate questions, answers, strategies, suggestions, comments, stories, etc. Of course the posts can be poker related, but can also be related to the other topics which we discuss on our site, such as sports or sports betting, lotteries, bingo, and other forms of gambling, introductions, humor, and even quality posts in our off-topic discussion and suggestions for improving our site.

This freeroll is still a ways out, so everyone here has plenty of time to get there post counts up. I'm also still unclear on exactly how we will define our "Top Posters." I'm thinking something along the lines of the top, say 10% to 25% of posters, or maybe just anyone with a certain number of quality posts.
All suggestions on this matter will be considered and are greatly appreciated.

The Big Donk
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Number of posts : 1373
Registration date : 2008-06-08

http://donkhard.com/default.aspx

Back to top Go down

Private Freeroll for "Top Posters" Empty Top Posters

Post by Scrabblin' Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:17 pm

Donk, I am one of those who like to come on site and read the posts, but don't necessarily like to post. Is there nothing for members like me?

Scrabblin'
Member Rank: 7 Duey Newie

Number of posts : 4
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Private Freeroll for "Top Posters" Empty Re: Private Freeroll for "Top Posters"

Post by The Big Donk Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:45 pm

Scrabblin' wrote:Donk, I am one of those who like to come on site and read the posts, but don't necessarily like to post. Is there nothing for members like me?

Interesting reply.

First I'd like to point out that donkhard.com will continue to sponsor regular freerolls for all of our members, regardless of status. But to leave it at that would essentially be a diplomatic way of dodging your question.

I've seen you on this site quite a bit, Scrabblin', and if memory serves me correctly, often you do stay on longer than many other members, which leads me to believe that you do in fact spend time browsing through the posts. I hope that you are finding useful information to improve your game and your poker experience.

As far as rewarding our most loyal who don't necessarily post alot... well, you have stumped The Donk. Suggestions anyone?

The Big Donk
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Private Freeroll for "Top Posters" Empty Postero Ultra Lights

Post by fishinchipz Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:14 pm

I don't post much either, but I am known on the fishing forums as "Replyopedia Brittanica" by my friends, at least. Some want to get me a stage and a mic, some want to get me psychiatric attention, and some want to get me ghosted. Either way, I have come to find that forums are for help; whatever kind is sought, be it knowledge, camaraderie, getting the lead out, our just media voyeurism. Post as little or as much as you like, but I certainly hope to crash with you in the aforementioned bang- up.

If you join some forums, you will have access to plenty; there are soooooooo many freerolls out there already that aren't exclusive anyway,
I'm trying to get Florida Sportsman to add "reply of the month" to their post of the month section. I don't think there would be any competition, sadly. I drink 8 to 28 cups of coffee a shot, usually 14 to 40 hrs. straight on poker and a little forums (expect to see me a little:-p). Even a dolt can make a tight reply in 6 hrs.

I ACTUALLY BROKE 2 KEYS ON MY LAPPY THIS MORNING DUE TO SLEEP DEPRIVATION; the more important the word, the harder I hit. The odd thing is that one of them is the apostrophe; it doesn't begin OR end anything. Why was it so important? Guess I was to up from the flo up on coffee. In summaton (it was that long:-D), enjoy any and all forums however you like, but the more you post the more friends you will make and the more topics and replies we can all enjoy (usually:-p). Fishin (mostly takin) chipz............new member-site is rope-the nod to muleman.:-D

Last edited by fishinchipz on Thu Jul 24, 2008 12:20 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : so high on coffee, replied to a post without reading muleman's reply)

fishinchipz

Number of posts : 13
Registration date : 2008-07-24

Back to top Go down

Private Freeroll for "Top Posters" Empty posting

Post by konawajim Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:02 pm

I'm still learning my way around and I like what I've see so far nice forum
konawajim
konawajim
Member Rank: Straight

Number of posts : 184
Registration date : 2008-07-20

Back to top Go down

Post by CanuckMachine Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:15 am

Yup, As to seeing if there was a way that the people who are online here a lot but not necessarily being top posters i dont think theres a way around this... Just being signed into the site a lot doesnt necessarily mean that that person is here for that full amount of time... Not saying that your not...

BUt!!!! we all know how low some people could get on the internet as to just sign on to look like theyre online a lot to try and make it into the top posters free rolls.... So theres prob no way around this .... other then post without spam... just Quality posts would be the best... and set your limits to allow only those who have a certain amount of posts or what not to invite them ....
CanuckMachine
CanuckMachine

Number of posts : 18

Back to top Go down

Post by wizardsfan05 Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:41 am

I think this is a great idea because it will generate much more interest in the online forum here.

wizardsfan05

Number of posts : 24
Registration date : 2008-07-29

Back to top Go down

Post by KEVINfromHB Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:32 pm

I know that I'm kind of new to this site, but I hope that I can soon be e,igeable for one of these freerolls. I enjoy poker (its a passion) and freerolls are a good way to augment my meager bankroll. Thanks for reading. oh...and Like a Star @ heaven THE DODGERS RULE Like a Star @ heaven
KEVINfromHB
KEVINfromHB
Member Rank: Flush

Number of posts : 223

http://goodcleanfun.nicetheme.com

Back to top Go down

Private Freeroll for "Top Posters" Empty new members

Post by truckinloot Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:06 am

Sir Donk, What about new members joining your site. I have just joined here and am wondering when the freeroll would be. If some of us new members try to get in and havent had the time to post as many as the members that had been here longer. Are you going to try to include some of us that just havent been here long enough to be post monsters?? lol .....Also this looks like it will be an interesting site to play at and I just wondered how many members we have here. Do you have member incentives for getting other members to join and if so what might they be.
Thanks for your time....truckinloot
truckinloot
truckinloot
Member Rank: Pair

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by dallas12 Mon Aug 04, 2008 6:58 am

I think this is a good idea for the forum. hope i can make the top poster as i work alot of strange hours. so hope to see you at the tables soon. gl
dallas12
dallas12

Number of posts : 7
Registration date : 2008-07-12

Back to top Go down

Post by Metlz Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:55 pm

The 'Donk Don't Post Alot' award Question
Metlz
Metlz
Member Rank: Two Pair

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by Debel Thu Aug 14, 2008 1:57 am

Any idea when one would be? How much it would be for? Any info?
Debel
Debel
Member Rank: Trips

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-06-28

http://www.myspace.com/cardsanddrinks

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Thu Aug 14, 2008 4:06 pm

I'll likely wait until after the leaderboard competition has ended before running the Top Posters games, as the leaderboard is a rather time consuming endeavor, especially with all the games we've got coming up as the LB season winds down.

I'll be personally sponsoring the Top Posters games from my own bankroll as a way of saying thanks to those who make this place, my virtual home, an enjoyable place to spend my time.

Since I will be sponsoring the prizepool and am not a wealthy man, the prizepools probably won't be super large. If only I had been born rich instead of good looking. Wink But I'm also looking to work something out with a site who would be willing to match what I put in to make a larger prizepool for you guys.

I hope that answers some of your questions, although I understand it was a pretty general answer.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Debel Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:56 pm

Thanks, it sure does!
Debel
Debel

Number of posts : 131
Registration date : 2008-06-28

http://www.myspace.com/cardsanddrinks

Back to top Go down

Post by Metlz Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:26 am

TBD always working to make things better for us! WTG! WOOT! Cool
Metlz
Metlz

Number of posts : 70

Back to top Go down

Post by ryodejaneiro Sun Aug 24, 2008 5:30 pm

Just thought I would add my 2 cents. I think a private freeroll for top posters is a good idea. Obviously I won't be a part of it since I'm new here but what I noticed in a recent freeroll was a lot of people who registered but sitting out. I wasn't fully convinced that these people were active members. In fact, the table I was sitting in had only one other active player, and I lost out to him. Regardless, the top posters freeroll can be a nice reward for those who continuously contribute to the forum.
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro

Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2008-07-30

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Sun Aug 24, 2008 6:10 pm

ryodejaneiro wrote:Just thought I would add my 2 cents. I think a private freeroll for top posters is a good idea. Obviously I won't be a part of it since I'm new here but what I noticed in a recent freeroll was a lot of people who registered but sitting out. I wasn't fully convinced that these people were active members. In fact, the table I was sitting in had only one other active player, and I lost out to him. Regardless, the top posters freeroll can be a nice reward for those who continuously contribute to the forum.

One member has already suggested using average posts per day rather than a sheer number of posts to decide who qualifies for the game. I'm certainly open to the idea, as it would give new members just a good a shot at playing as the members who have been here longer, so don't count yourself out just yet. Wink

Thanks for playing in the freerolls with us. Good luck to you at the tables.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Private Freeroll for "Top Posters" Empty dead stacks ...

Post by dijwaila Sun Aug 24, 2008 8:29 pm

ryodejaneiro wrote:I noticed in a recent freeroll was a lot of people who registered but sitting out. I wasn't fully convinced that these people were active members. In fact, the table I was sitting in had only one other active player

i am guilty of forgetting to play on occasion myself ... is there something that can be done to reduce the number of dead stacks t.b.d.?

dijwaila
Member Rank: Boat
Member Rank: Boat

Number of posts : 553

Back to top Go down

Private Freeroll for "Top Posters" Empty me too

Post by truckinloot Mon Aug 25, 2008 6:01 am

Crying or Very sad i am guilty of not making the last freeroll after registering early. had family show up and wasnt able to play. sorry Crying or Very sad
truckinloot
truckinloot

Number of posts : 44
Registration date : 2008-08-02

Back to top Go down

Post by ryodejaneiro Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:40 pm

The Big Donk wrote:One member has already suggested using average posts per day rather than a sheer number of posts to decide who qualifies for the game. I'm certainly open to the idea, as it would give new members just a good a shot at playing as the members who have been here longer, so don't count yourself out just yet. Wink

Thanks for playing in the freerolls with us. Good luck to you at the tables.

Thanks TBD. Interesting thought on the average posts per day. It could certainly make the forum more lively since there might be more ongoing discussions.

Crying or Very sad i am guilty of not making the last freeroll after registering early. had family show up and wasnt able to play. sorry Crying or Very sad

I hope I wasn't making anyone feel too guilty with my earlier comment, but stuff like this happens. I'd be more concerned if people neglected their duties (families, friends, or otherwise) over playing poker! Dead stacks happen all the time from what I see and I think a lot of other private freerolls and poker rooms have similar problems (Doyles Room freerolls come to mind).
ryodejaneiro
ryodejaneiro

Number of posts : 209

Back to top Go down

Post by rsseippel Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:23 pm

If you do it by total posts, you'll have 1000 people posting what color underwear they are wearing or what they fed their dog tonight. They should be quality posts, not quantity.
rsseippel
rsseippel

Number of posts : 25

Back to top Go down

Post by The Big Donk Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:55 pm

rsseippel wrote:If you do it by total posts, you'll have 1000 people posting what color underwear they are wearing or what they fed their dog tonight. They should be quality posts, not quantity.

Quality is most certainly a factor. All potential qualifiers' posts will be reviewed for quality.
The Big Donk
The Big Donk
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by KEVINfromHB Tue Sep 02, 2008 6:37 pm

oh by the say..."Yeah" and "I Farted" I just wanted to get that out of the was because I am the King of Spam. Here, watch this....

oh yeah, and I don't like wearing underwear...you hear that?
KEVINfromHB
KEVINfromHB

Number of posts : 223

http://goodcleanfun.nicetheme.com

Back to top Go down

Private Freeroll for "Top Posters" Empty lol

Post by konawajim Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:16 pm

Yep KING OF SPAM

P.S Don't forget I am a FEMALE flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower flower
konawajim
konawajim

Back to top Go down

Post by konawajim Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:20 pm

ryodejaneiro wrote:Just thought I would add my 2 cents. I think a private freeroll for top posters is a good idea. Obviously I won't be a part of it since I'm new here but what I noticed in a recent freeroll was a lot of people who registered but sitting out. I wasn't fully convinced that these people were active members. In fact, the table I was sitting in had only one other active player, and I lost out to him. Regardless, the top posters freeroll can be a nice reward for those who continuously contribute to the forum.

I think key word here is ACTIVE. As far as a lot of sit out maybe not put the password out so early. Maybe wait until the day of the tournament

Last edited by konawajim on Tue Sep 02, 2008 8:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : to add)
konawajim
konawajim

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next